- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Transporte público
- Food tasting
QUÉ ESTÁ INCLUIDO
Lo que está excluido
- Private transportation (to and from the hotel) not included — available at an additional cost and upon request
1. Meet at the starting point (Balderas Metro Station)
2. Metro transit to Merced Station
3. Merced Market
4. Surrounding neighbourhoods
5. Walk around city centre
6. Eat & drink
La Merced is one of the oldest areas of Mexico City, dating all the way back to 700 years. It has always had a very strong association with commerce which led to the establishment of La Merced market in the late 19th century. When entering La Merced market you will be entering a magical world of food. Get ready to be fully immersed in an infinity of different colours, smells, textures, and flavours!
This market is a traditional public market and one of the best places to eat 'antojitos' which translates to 'cravings'. Typical antojitos you can find in La Merced market are quesadillas and tostadas, so make sure to give them a try! Continue to explore surreal markets with sorcery, medicinal plants and mystic traditions.
After the markets tour, grab drinks at old cantinas and absorb Mexican culture while enjoying traditional snacks to the sound of Mariachi.