- 4-day Learn to Dive course with the same dive instructor for all of the course days
- 2 days spent at the 5 Star PADI IDC dive facility for classroom learning & heated pool testing & training
- 2 day trips to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, including 6 open water dives on the reef (4 mandatory & 2 fun dives if your mandatory dives are successful)
- Morning & afternoon tea, plus a delicious lunch each day
- Use of all dive equipment including prescription masks
- PADI Gold Open Water Certification & dive logbook
- Convenient return transfers from selected Port Douglas accommodation
- Environmental Management Charge, which contributes to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority's management & conservation of the reef
- Departs from the meeting point at 19 Warner St, Port Douglas (Day 1 & 2) then Crystalbrook Superyacht, Port Douglas (Day 3 & 4)
4 Day Learn to Dive Open Water CertificationGet your Open Water PADI Dive certification in one of the most spectacular locations – The Great Barrier Reef – with this 4-day course.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and chocolates etc on board day dive vessel.
What to Expect
Scuba diving is the best way to explore the Great Barrier Reef, and there is no better place in the world to learn to dive than in its warm waters! This PADI 4-Day Open Water Dive Certification course is ideal for adventure seekers looking to take that next step in their voyage of discovery.
The course starts with two days of classroom/dive pool training conducted at Port Douglas' only purpose-built PADI 5 Star IDC dive facility, centrally located with a heated dive pool and air-conditioned classrooms.
Then, the two days of practical training on the Great Barrier Reef are conducted onboard a modern dive and snorkel catamaran, with access to some of the regions most pristine dive sites.
The trips to the reef visit some of more than a dozen sites on the Agincourt ribbon reef that runs parallel to the continental shelf. Destinations might include Harry's Bommie, the 3 Sisters, The Chapel, The Point, Gary's Gut, The Gap, Two Rocks, Wreck Bay, Phils, The Gardens, Barracuda Bommie, Horsehose, Turtle Bay, The Maze, Nursery North or Triggerfish. The reef chosen will depend on tide and weather conditions, but all offer exceptional diving experiences.
The same experienced dive instructor will be with you over the four days of your dive certification, which, along with the smallest possible student to teacher ratios, ensures a personalised, comprehensive, safe, professional and most importantly fun, learning experience!
In addition to your training, this exciting learn to dive course also includes morning and afternoon tea each day, plus a delicious lunch to replenish your energy throughout the day. Accommodation is not included as part of this experience, so you'll need to arrange that separately.
Where we Visit:
- 5 Star PADI IDC dive facility in Port Douglas,
- Agincourt Reef on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 4 Day Learn to Dive Open Water Certification - Poseidon Standard
FromAUD $930Check Availability
- 4 Day Learn to Dive Open Water Certification - Standard
FromAUD $990Check AvailabilityNext available 04 Oct 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are sharks in every ocean, and a variety of sharks inhabit The Great Barrier Reef. The most common are smaller species that pose no threat to divers or snorkellers. The most infamous Australian shark, the Great White, prefers the cold water of the Southern Ocean and does not visit the waters of Tropical North Queensland.
You will need to bring swimwear, a towel, a dive medical if required, and a passport or Australian driver's licence.
Student numbers are capped at 6 students for every 1 instructor.
Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. You will be required to obtain a dive medical certificate if you have a positive response to any of the questions on the Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration.
A positive response to any question indicates that there is a pre-existing condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner preferably with experience in diving medicine to obtain a dive medical certificate, preferably in English, which states that you are fit to undertake recreational diver training. This medical certificate must be valid within 90 days of course commencement. If you are unsure about a specific medical condition please check with your doctor prior to making your reservation.
Diving is not permitted if you haven't passed your dive medical.
- The minimum age is 10 years
- Guests must have the ability to swim - 200m (or 300m with mask, fins and snorkel) and tread water (float) for 10 minutes
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. Prior to commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any questions indicates there is a pre-existing condition that may affect your safety while diving and you will need to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive
- If you do require a dive medical, it must be obtained prior to commencing the course and must not be more than 90 days old when you start the program
- You can cancel your learn to dive course for any reason up to 48 hours prior to commencing your course
- There is no refund for any reason after this time
- Self Drive - Make own way to Dive School 19 Warner Street @ 07:45
Reviews for 4 Day Learn to Dive Open Water Certification
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely