This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit a modern-day Aboriginal community for an insight into the Tiwi people’s rich culture and lifestyle.
Tiwi Islands Aboriginal Cultural Tour Highlights
- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day trip to the Tiwi Islands for a unique insight into a modern Aboriginal culture
- The services of a local Wurrumiyanga guide, with insights on the community
- Stop at the Tiwi Museum to see displays of traditional art and Tiwi Dreamtime Stories
- Visit the Early Mission Precinct with its Tiwi-style Catholic Church
- Spend time with the Tiwi ladies as they weave & paint
- Participate in a smoking ceremony to bless visitors to the islands
- Visit the Arts & Crafts centres to see artists at work, and enjoy the opportunity to purchase some art
- Tasty lunch, including local billy tea & damper
- Return ferry to Bathurst Island, 2 hrs 30 mins off the coast of Darwin in the Timor Sea
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach to combat the tropical heat
Where we visit:
- Bathurst Island
- Tiwi Museum
- Early Mission Precinct
- Arts & crafts centres
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest you bring enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle with a 1-litre capacity, and warm layers in cooler months. You'll also want to bring money for souvenirs.
We are more than happy to accommodate children; however, some restrictions may apply. There is no minimum age on the day tours, however, we do recommend that people travelling with children consider whether the itinerary is suitable, in particular the activities involved and the duration of the tour, to ensure the comfort of small children. For all tour types children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
On the day tours, the fleet can vary, and mini-coaches are sometimes used to accommodate smaller groups. These mini coaches do not have a restroom or reclining seats. However, regular stops are made so you can access facilities.
We pride ourselves on having the finest fleet of fuel-efficient, fully air-conditioned coaches, with onboard Wi-Fi for our guests’ convenience.
Reviews for Tiwi Islands Aboriginal Cultural Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal
- Wurrimiyanga Ferry Terminal