- Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us
- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Yellow Waters cruise and Top Didj Indigenous Experience
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Camping equipment, including a permanent tent with beds
- All linen including pillow and pillowcase, fitted sheet
- Sleeping bag, towel and drinking water
- Park fees of $40
WHERE WE VISIT
- Litchfield National Park
- Kakadu National Park
- Twin and Jim Jim Falls
- Indigenous art sites Nourlangie and Ubirr
- Katherine Gorge
- Florence and Wangi Falls
- Gunlom Falls and Edith Falls
Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-Jun and October. During this time you will visit Gunlom Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek) or spend more time in locations visited.
- Twin Falls boat shuttle fee of $12.50 is collected on day of travel and not included in price.
Why Do We Love This
"5 days exploring the Northern Territory outback? What could be better?! We love that this tour includes authentic bush camping at private campsites for that little added luxury."
What to Expect
A 5-day desert adventure that gives you all the highlights of the Aussie outback!
Day 1 - Darwin to Kakadu National Park via Litchfield National Park (lunch, dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at 7.00am to begin your journey to Litchfield National Park. Along the way check out the intriguing Cathedral and Magnetic Termite mounds that can reach up to 6 metres!
Explore the sparkling waterfalls, streams and rugged sandstone cliffs of the national park and take a dip in one of the many natural rock pools or bathe under the cascading waters of Florence and Wangi Falls.
Enjoy a picnic lunch amongst lush trees and rainforest before hitting the Marrakai Road to Kakadu. Travel past billabongs and over water crossings to join the Old Jim Jim Road that takes you deep into the national park. You'll spot plenty of wildlife along the way, from bounding kangaroos to bathing brolgas.
Spend the night at a private campsite in Cooinda where you'll enjoy a tasty campfire dinner and some stories and stargazing.
Day 2 - Yellow Waters Cruise, Nourlangie and Ubirr Art sites (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Wake up early for a delicious breakfast before heading off on the Yellow Waters cruise at Kakadu National Park. This is an award-winning tour and is Aboriginal owned! It centres around a spectacular billabong system that's home to some remarkable wildlife. There's plenty of wildlife spotting opportunities so keep an eye out for crocodiles swimming or sunbathing on the river banks.
The next stop is Nourlangie Rock, a magnificent sandstone formation. Archaeologists have uncovered over 20,000 years of Aboriginal occupation here, and you'll have the chance to learn about its history and its meaning for the Aboriginal people.
Next, pay a visit to the Bowali Visitor Centre. Bowali is the Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and a creek that runs through land owned by the Mirarr clan. Discover some incredible Aboriginal artwork at the nearby Marrawuddi Gallery which showcases work by artists from Kakadu and the wider region.
Later, make a trip to the culturally significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr. This site is home to an incredible range of ancient Aboriginal art which your guide will help to interpret. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and other Dreamtime tales and then climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and into Arnhem Land. Your guide will tell you about the landscape and its history as you watch the spectacular sunset.
Day 3 - Twin and Jim Jim Falls (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Today, some of the most beautiful sights of Kakadu await you. Wake up early to begin your trip. The destination? Twin and Jim Jim Falls, two stunning waterfalls nestled in the heart of Kakadu National Park. Hit Twin Falls first, where you'll travel by 4WD and boat before talking a rocky walk into the waterfall itself! Take a quick dip or relax on the sandy banks and admire the shimmering water.
Next is Jim Jim Falls where a walk through monsoon forest and over boulders leads you to the waterfall and a plunge pool surrounded by sheer 150-metre cliffs!
Please note that Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-Jun and October. During this time you will visit Gunlom Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek) or spend more time in locations visited.
Day 4 - Kakadu National Park to Katherine via Gunlom Falls (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
There's more time to relax today, with the morning spent exploring the beautiful Gunlom Falls. Relax around a natural lower plunge pool then take a hike to the top of the falls where an amazing view awaits. If you're feeling energetic, keep hiking onto the rear waterfall, where you can take a dip to cool off.
After a tasty lunch, it's all aboard as you travel on into the Katherine Region. Along the way, stop at Edith Falls for a refreshing swim then head to your private campsite near Katherine for dinner and a well-deserved rest.
Day 5 - Katherine Gorge, Indigenous Cultural experience. Return to Darwin (breakfast, lunch)
It's another early start! Get to Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine Gorge) before the masses arrive and soak up the desert serenity! Take a boat cruise or canoe through the winding waterway or stick to land and take a walk along the sheer rock walls surrounding the water. Spend some time exploring the spiritual home of the Jawoyn Aboriginal people and learn about their culture and history.
Enjoy a delicious lunch in the national park, then embark of the award-winning Top Didj Cultural Experience. This is your chance to interact with Aboriginal artist Manuel Pamkal and ask questions about Aboriginal culture. You'll also learn about the significance of his painting style, how he lives off the land and a little about the weapons used by Aboriginal people.
Later on, it’s time to sit back and relax as you drive back to Darwin.
This is a 5-day, 4-night tour. The first day begins in Darwin at 7:00 am and the final day returns at 5:30 pm.
What to bring: Torch, wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will definitely require a Sleeping Bag rated to -5C during our winter season. In summer it is advisable as not all nights are warm.
On this tour sleeping bags are provided for our clients but you are welcome to bring your own.
In the warmer months there are quite a lot of flies around in Central Australia. A lot of people find these to be quite annoying. It is advisable that you bring along a fly net so these little guys don't drive you crazy!
In summer shorts and a shirt is all that is really needed. We would also recommend light weight long sleeve shirts and long (zip off) pants. Our temperatures can be excessive and this can impact fair skinned people. A jumper/pullover is recommended for the early morning if it happens to get a bit chilly. Swimwear is recommended as there will be swimming opportunities - don't forget a towel! Also bring a broad brimmed hat (not a baseball cap), sunglasses and sunscreen.
Our winter days are generally mild and most of the time you can still wear shorts and a shirt during the day. However, the nights and early mornings can be very cold. You will need to bring warm clothes - long pants, a good jumper, wind breaker, a beanie, scarf, gloves and good woollen socks are recommended.
This depends on the tour selected and the location of the tour. In Central Australia, you will be sleeping in a swag under the brilliant stars of the Milky Way. Tents are available for those less adventurous. Our experienced guides will show you all you need to know to get one of the best night's sleep you've ever had! The swag is extremely warm, comfortable and above all, safe.
Some locations you will be in a Tent with only your sleeping bag required and of course accommodated tours are in the comfort of a motel/hotel/backpacker room. The quality of accommodation is dependant upon the quality of tour selected.
This is very much governed on where your tour commences and where it concludes. For those returning to their starting location (e.g. Darwin to Darwin, Alice Springs to Alice Springs) we recommend that you bring only one small bag per person with the things you will need for the duration of your tour. Suitcases are not recommended. You should be able to store your excess baggage at your accommodation while you are away.
We do make exceptions for people that book one-way journeys however, this needs to be discussed with us prior to booking. There is a baggage lifting limit of 20kg. You may be required to assist the guide with loading and unloading.
Our tours are active adventures that include a fair amount of walking, hiking and water-based activities. Walks can extend to 4 hours duration in warm to hot conditions, so a reasonable level of fitness is required, We don't expressly set any age restrictions. Our tours are a mix of true outback adventure camping to soft camping. Less demanding treks/walks are available at most locations for those less active. Regardless, good health is important but ultimately, it is an open and positive attitude that matters. It is very important that any pre-existing medical conditions are discussed with our staff at the time of booking.
Our menu is designed to cater for both carnivores and vegetarians. Specific diet requests may be difficult to comply with in some remote areas. You may be requested to supply some product If it cannot be procured at a particular touring location. You must inform us at the time of tour booking if you have any special dietary requirements.
Our Classic Style tours are all in 4WDs, carrying a maximum of 21 people. Our Budget Style tours are in Mini Buses which carry a maximum of 27 passengers.
Our tours depart most locations early each morning (before 6.30am). We will pick you up from your place of accommodation on the first morning of the tour. You must advise us your accommodation a minimum 24 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so could result in you missing the departure. Those flying in to other locations must advise this at time of tour booking.
Warning: Should you not advise your accommodation or air flight connection times, sleep in, etc, and miss departure you may be required to pay an additional relocation fee to meet your tour. Should you need re-allotment to another tour on another date you will be required to pay an additional tour cost. All or any costs associated with additional accommodation, changing flight schedules, etc is your responsibility.
Fruit and Instant Coffee
Cold Sliced meats
Stirfry and Vegetables
BBQ (Sausages, steak or chops)
Coleslaw / Salad / Potatoes
Muesli Bars / Fruit
Please note: The menu is always changing this is only an example
We have Gluten free foods on our Safaris with most being naturally gluten free such as rice, rice cakes, etc. We provide gluten free pasta. We do not provide specialist items such as Gluten Free muesli and bread. Generally speaking foods that naturally have gluten we do not provide a gluten free option of (ie bread). We have lots of fresh vegetables and fruit with meat dishes cooked separately to vegetable dishes to cater for those that choose not to eat meat. Also, with anyone who is Lactose Intolerant, we do not provide any milk substitutes. So, if you prefer to carry any, that’s not a problem, we can store it for you.
If you want a specific food item we ask that you provide this yourself no matter your dietary requirement.
We find many people with allergies, particularly nut allergies. It is important for guests to know that whilst we will not purposely give them a food with their allergen in it, it is their responsibility to check the label if they are concerned. We do allow guests to provide their own snacks and we cannot control what other guests choose to bring themselves, therefore if someone has a nut allergy for example, we cannot guarantee that people on the vehicle will be not eating nuts and it is their responsibility to look after their health needs. Generally on our trips the only food source that will have nuts is Muesli bars. All allergies, no matter how small must be disclosed and noted prior to departure.
Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility
Please note that sleeping bag hire is not included and is an additional $30.00. Sleeping bag fees are non-refundable, even if you don't use your sleeping bag.
Wangi Falls may not be accessible during the wet season. During this time we will provide an alternative or spend more time in locations visited. Twin and Jim Jim Falls may not be accessible between the shoulder periods of May-June and October. During this time we will visit Gunlum Falls, Maguk or the Yurmikmik Region (Motor Car Falls or Boulder Creek)
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 30 days before departure: 25% of the total cost
- Cancellations between 14 and 29 days of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations between 8 and 13 days of departure: 75% of the total cost
- Cancellations within 7 days of departure: 100% of the cost
- ADINA APARTMENT HOTEL DARWIN WATERFRONT - 7 Kitchener Dve @ 06:25
- AIR RAID CITY LODGE - 36 Cavenagh St @ 06:20
- ALATAI APARTMENTS - Crn McMinn Street & Finniss Streets @ 06:20
- ARGUS APARTMENTS - 6 Cardona Court @ 06:20
- ARGUS HOTEL - 13 Shepherd St (Pickup from Travelodge Mirambeena 64 Cavenagh St) @ 06:20
- ASHTON LODGE - 48 Mitchell St @ 06:40
- CHILLIS BACKPACKERS - 69 Mitchell St @ 06:40
- CITY EDGE HOTEL (Pickup Barramundi Lodge 6 Gardens Rd) @ 06:20
- CITY GARDENS APARTMENTS (Pickup from Mash Apartments 81 Cavenagh St) @ 06:20
- CLUB TROPICAL RESORT (Pickup Quality Hotel Darwin Airport 225 McMillans Rd) @ 07:10
- COCONUT GROVE - pickup Mercure Novatel Airport Motel 1 Sir Brearley Drive @ 07:10
- COLES EXPRESS SERVICE STATION - 425 Stuart Highway @ 07:30
- CROCODILLY INN (MEET AT DOWN UNDER HOSTEL 88 MITCHELL ST) @ 06:40
- CULLEN BAY APARTMENTS - 26-32 Marina Blvd @ 06:15
- DARWIN AIRPORT - MUST MEET AT MERCURE DARWIN AIRPORT HOTEL (1 Sir Brearly Drive) @ 07:10
- DARWIN CITY B & B - 4 Zealandia Cres @ 06:15
- Darwin City Hotel 59 Smith - Pickup from Rydges Darwin Central Hotel 21 Knuckey St @ 06:35
- DARWIN CIY POINT HOTEL - 84 Mitchell St @ 06:40
- DARWIN EXECUTIVE SUITES - 43 Knuckey St @ 06:35
- DISCOVERY PARKS - 11 Farrell Cres, Winnellie @ 06:50
- DOUBLETREE HILTON - 122 The Esplanade @ 06:35
- DOUBLETREE HILTON ESPLANADE - 116 The Esplanade @ 06:35
- DOWN UNDER HOSTEL - 4 Harriet Place @ 06:20
- DOWN UNDER HOSTEL - 88 Mitchell St @ 06:40
- Fanny Bay - check address most pickups closest to Skycity Guilruth Ave @ 06:15
- FREE SPIRIT CARAVAN PARK - 901 Stuart Highway @ 07:10
- FROGS HOLLOW BACKPACKERS - 27 Lindsay St @ 06:20
- FRONTIER HOTEL- 3 Buffalo Ct. @ 06:20
- GECKO LODGE - 146 Mitchell St @ 06:15
- H HOTEL - 81 Smith St @ 06:35
- H HOTEL MITCHELL ST - (MEET AT POINCIANA INN 84 MITCHELL ST) @ 06:40
- HIDDEN VALLEY TOURIST PARK - 25 Hidden Valley Rd @ 06:50
- HILTON HOTEL DARWIN - 32 Mitchell St @ 06:35
- LUMA LUMA - 26 Knuckey St @ 06:20
- MANTRA ON ESPLANADE - 88 The Esplanade @ 06:35
- MANTRA PANDANAS - 43 Knuckey St @ 06:20
- MARINA VIEW APARTMENTS -26 Marina Blvd @ 06:15
- MARRAKAI LUXURY ALL SUITES - 93 Smith St @ 06:40
- MASH APARTMENTS - 81 Cavenagh St (WAS MEDITTERANEAN ALL SUITES) @ 06:20
- MERCURE DARWIN AIRPORT HOTEL - 1 Sir Norman Brearley Drive @ 07:10
- MINDIL BEACH CASINO RESORT (Previously Skycity Darwin) - Gilruth Ave @ 06:15
- NOVOTEL ATRIUM - 100 The Esplanade @ 06:35
- OAKS ELAN SOHO SUITES - 31 Woods St @ 06:20
- Oasis Tourist Park - pickup across the road on Stuart Highway @ 07:30
- PALMERSTON BUS STOP TERMINAL- MUST WAIT IN FRONT OF THE QUEST 18 THE BOULEVARD PALMERSTON) @ 07:10
- PALMS CITY RESORT - 64 The Esplanade @ 06:35
- PALMS MOTEL - 100 McMinn St @ 06:20
- PARAP VILLAGE APARTMENTS - 39-45 Parap Rd @ 06:10
- PARAVISTA MOTEL - 5 MacKillop St @ 06:10
- POINCIANA INN - 84 Mitchell St @ 06:40
- QUALITY HOTEL DARWIN AIRPORT - 225 McMillians Rd @ 07:10
- QUEST DARWIN - 18 The Boulevard @ 07:10
- RAMADA ZEN (PICKUP FROM ARGUS APARTMENTS 6 Cardona Court) @ 06:20
- RYDGES DARWIN CENTRAL HOTEL - 21 Knuckey St @ 06:35
- THE CAVENAGH - 12 Cavenagh St @ 06:20
- THE LEPRECHAUN RESORT - 378 Stuart Highway @ 06:10
- THE VIBE HOTEL, DARWIN WATERFRONT - 7 Kitchener Dr @ 06:25
- TO BE ADVISED ** @ 06:10
- TRAVELODGE MIRAMBEENA - 64 Cavenagh St @ 06:20
- VITINA STUDIO MOTEL (PICK UP AT BARRAMUNDI LODGE 4 GARDENS RD) THE GARDENS @ 06:20
- WOB use only @ 06:10
- XXLD TOUR - ATTENTION ACCOUNTS @ 07:10
- YMCA TOP END - 7 Doctors Gully Rd (PICK UP AT BANYAN VIEW 119 Mitchell St, Larrakeyah) @ 06:40
- YOUTH SHACK - 69 Mitchell St @ 06:40
Reviews for Jabiru Dreaming Kakadu, Litchfield & Katherine 5 Day 4 Night Tour
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation