- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Sample tacos, dumplings, knishes and bagels
- Local guide to show you the very best of New York City
- Hear stories about New York’s early settlers
- Stroll through New York's unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy
- Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage and how it is shaping the city today
Private New York: Tenements, Tales & TastesTacos, dumplings, knishes, bagels; sample the best dishes of those who dared to live the American Dream on their migration to America
What to Expect
Get in touch with the tasty culture of NYC on this New York food tour that is a pleasure for both the body and the mind!
This New York City tour starts off at a location where many new citizens are made official, City Hall.
On this historical tour of New York, make your way in a loop around the NYC LES, looking at 100-year old bakeries, churches and historic sites.
Stroll the streets of Little Italy just as Lucky Luciano might have a century ago and marvel at former and still operating synagogues and Jewish clothing stores.
Dive into the culture remembered at places such as the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and the African Burial Ground, plus the exciting streets of Chinatown that will make you feel like you’re in Shanghai!
Along the way, sink our teeth into amazing stories and food. Knishes, prosciutto, dumplings and more. Discover why New York City is the center of the world and the culinary legacy left here by those that have passed by Lady Liberty on their way to fulfill the American Dream.
Meet in front of the African Burial Ground National Monument, across from 7 Elk Street (between Duane and Reade Street), New York
Frequently Asked Questions
Summers can be hot and humid, autumn can be cool and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking.
Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform The Supplier at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Items of a personal nature and tips/gratuities for your guide are not included
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers
- A cancellation will only be effective when The Supplier receives written confirmation that you have sent to your relevant sales representative of the cancellation
- If you cancel a trip: 28 days or more prior to departure, The Supplier will hold the deposit amount as a credit; (or)
- 27 days or fewer prior to departure, The Supplier will hold 50% of the monies paid by you in connection with the booking as a credit and retain the remaining 50% of monies paid by you in connection with your booking
- <p>In front of the African Burial Ground National Monument, across from 7 Elk Street (between Duane and Reade Street), New York, NY 10007</p>
Reviews for Private New York: Tenements, Tales & Tastes
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely