- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- All equipment rental, including a full-length wetsuit, included in price
- All parks fees included
- All staff are highly trained dive masters, instructors or bronze medallionists
- This tour includes a morning snorkel on a beautiful coral garden and an afternoon snorkel if time permits
- We operate our very own dedicated spotter plane to ensure you get the best chance of seeing a whale shark
- Our onboard photographer provides you the opportunity to purchase your whale shark experience via a dropbox link! The ideal way to keep your memories forever.
- This tour departs from Coral Bay
Whale Shark Adventure Tour from Coral BaySwimming alongside the biggest fish in the world, this adventure tour is simply an incredible encounter you will always remember
What to Expect
Swimming alongside the biggest fish in the world is simply an incredible encounter you are sure to always remember! Our dedicated crew are passionate about the conservation and research of the mystical creatures of the deep with our aim being your safety first and your time spent in the water swimming with these beautiful creatures.
This full day tour starts at 7:20, meeting in the dive shop to check in and collect all your snorkelling equipment for the day - including a full length wetsuit! We then take a 5 minute drive down to the jetty on our new, air-conditioned buses where we then embark one of our two fit-for-purpose vessels, each with ample room on the covered main deck to comfortably sit, move around and sight see as we cruise out to the World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef.
Our first stop on the water is a guided snorkel at a beautiful coral garden area on the reef where you get the chance to see up to 250 species of corals and such marine life as colourful fish, sea turtles, stingrays, octopus, cuttlefish, reef sharks, amongst many many others! Once everyone is back aboard you can indulge in some morning tea as we head outside the reef in search for a whale shark! The pilot of our dedicated spotter plane will coordinate directly with our skipper to get you in the best position possible to see a whale shark. If we find a whale shark, you will have a chance to get in the water and swim alongside them.
Once back inside the reef, a delicious buffet lunch will be served. While you enjoy your lunch, we will begin cruising back toward Coral Bay as we endeavour to find as much marine life in the water as possible for your sight-seeing pleasure. The Ningaloo is host to many incredible animals that you may get the chance to view from the boat on this tour, such as dolphins, dugongs, manta rays, sting rays, sharks and whales!
In the afternoon we will go for another snorkel at yet another beautiful reef location if time permits.
This tour generally returns to Coral Bay between 4:30pm - 5:30pm but this can vary depending on the conditions of the day.
Please keep in mind that our dealing with wild animals in their natural environment are not predictable. Our commitment to you is that our crew will make every possible effort to ensure that you have the best experience possible, however we can not guarantee that we will see all or any of the wildlife mentioned.
- All staff have completed the mandatory COVID-19 hygiene training and assessment and a minimum of one staff member on board the vessels will have completed the hygiene officer cours
- New procedures have been implemented for all the tours and will be explained during the safety briefing on board our vessels
- Maximum passenger limits have been modified to comply with the current government regulations and seating arrangements are put in place to adhere to social distancing
- All surfaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized throughout the day during our tours and in our shop
- All dishes provided will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with a food safe sanitizer after each use
- All passengers are encouraged to make their own way to the jetty to minimize being enclosed in a small space on our bus. It is less than a five-minute drive from our shop to the jetty
- All passengers are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle and drinking cup for hot beverages. If you cannot provide your own, you will be allocated one drinking cup for the duration of the tour
- All food provided will be pre-packed in individual servings
We are not offering repeats or refunds on no sightings days at this time
Frequently Asked Questions
Check-in is at the Dive shop - shop 8, Coral Bay shopping arcade
No, please meet at Shop 8, Coral Bay Shopping Arcade
If we cancel a tour due to bad weather, vessel problems or not meeting minimum passenger numbers , you will receive a full refund. If you cancel within 72 hours you will receive a full refund or the option to move your tour to another day 48 hours notice and you will receive a 50% refund or the option to move to another day Less than 48 hours notice, no refund will be given and no option to move to another day
Please note: If we do not make minimum numbers to confirm the boat, we will contact you by 6pm the day prior via phone call or email to let you know of the cancellation and a full refund will be provided or the option to change to another date.
If we have to cancel due to unsafe weather conditions we will make the final decision the morning of the tour and option to change to another date or a full refund will be provided. COVID Statement Ningaloo Reef Dive has implemented all the necessary safety regulations in compliance with the government guidelines to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our crew and community.
We do not accept liability for any outbreak or transmission of communicable diseases throughout our tours, onboard our vessels, during transportation or on our premises. *RISK STATEMENT* Snorkelling and skin diving have inherent risks which may result in serious injury or death. I hereby affirm that I understand that snorkelling and skin diving are physically strenuous activities and I will be exerting myself during this programme. I must advise truthfully and fully inform the dive professionals and the facility through which this programme is offered of my medical history.
I understand that past or present medical conditions may be contraindicative to my participation of this tour. Cold or congestion, an ear infection, a history of seizures, dizziness or fainting; a history of heart condition (e.g.: cardiovascular disease, angina, heart attack), a history of respiratory problems such as emphysema or tuberculosis or taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of my physical or mental abilities, are contradictive to my participation on this tour. I assert that I am physically fit to snorkel and ride on a boat and I will not hold Ningaloo Reef Dive and the lessees (including employees) responsible if I am injured as a result of ANY problems (medical, accidental, or otherwise) which occur while snorkelling, riding on the boat, or otherwise participating in the trip. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE A DUTY TO EXERCISE REASONABLE CARE FOR MY OWN SAFETY AND I AGREE TO DO SO. Cancellation Policy: 72 hours notice: Full refund or the option to move your tour to another day 48 hours notice: 50% refund or the option to move to another day Less than 48 hours notice: Loss of payment No Sighting Policy: We will endeavour to show you as much of the Ningaloo Reef as possible as well as locate and attempt a swim with a whale shark. As we are dealing with nature and it is unpredictable we cannot guarantee that we will find a whale shark. At this time we are not offering repeats or refunds on no sighting days.
Customers must be fully vaccinated to do this tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely