- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- All taxes included
- 2 hr 30 min tour of Hoover Dam, including an exclusive 45-minute guided walk along the top & a tour of the powerplant
- Photo stops at iconic sites including the Welcome to Las Vegas sign & Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
- Leisurely sit-down, fresh-cooked lunch at a local restaurant
- Return hotel transport in a luxury VIP bus with a designated driver & a professional comedian tour guide for both laughs and informative commentary
Where we Visit:
- Las Vegas Welcome Sign
- Boulder City
- Arizona Look-Out & Arizona Spillway
- Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
- Hoover Dam
- Hoover Dam Power Plant
- Additional food & drinks
- Tips & gratuities
What to Expect
Experience the best dam tour in town as you experience an immersive tour of the Hoover Dam. This is the only tour to include an exclusive 45 minute 'Walk on the Top' of the dam that will inform, engage, and deliver a new perspective on this wonder of the world. Come and visit every intriguing aspect of the dam from Las Vegas and join the almost half a million people that this tour has taken to the dam over the past 15 years.
Your day starts with pick-up from your hotel or a location close to you. Not stopping at every single hotel on The Strip saves hours, giving you more time at the dam! On the way out of town, the bus makes a photo stop at the famous historic "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign, where the guide knows the best spots to stand, without having to wait in any lines!
Drive through historic Boulder City, where your guide will impart stories of the history of this unique small-town American community. You will also see and learn about the famous dingbat houses that were constructed for the Hoover Dam workers.
Enjoy another stop at the Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge for the very best views and photos of the Hoover Dam. This arch bridge is an engineering masterpiece that spans the Colorado River touching land in two states – Nevada and Arizona. It's also the second-tallest bridge in the United States and has the widest concrete arch in the Western Hemisphere.
Once you arrive at the dam, your guide will take you on an exclusive 45-minute guided tour on top of the dam. During this tour, the guide will touch on various topics, including the operations of the dam, fascinating stories of its construction, fun facts, and the morbid details on how many bodies are really buried inside the dam.
Then it's time to journey into the belly of the beast for a powerplant tour. You get a 30-minute guided tour to a viewing platform overlooking a 30-foot diameter penstock pipe, the Nevada wing of the Powerplant, admission to Visitor Center exhibits and observation deck, and the 1940s era Original Exhibit Building topographical map presentation.
Afterwards, enjoy plenty of free time to discover the dam on your own, including being able to get all the photos you desire and a visit to the Dam Gift Store.
Having worked up quite the appetite exploring, it's time for lunch. You'll head to a local restaurant for a hot made-to-order, freshly cooked lunch before the drive back to Vegas, arriving in time for an afternoon nap before painting the town red.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, they do! Plus, you are never on the bus for more than 45 minutes without a bathroom break. We make regular bathroom stops for all of our tours. We want you to be as comfortable as possible when you are our guests for the day.
Absolutely! All of our guides are family-friendly, and we do get many kids on our tours. We aim to make our tours as fun and as friendly as possible for everyone.
Yes. We want you to be as comfortable as possible on your tours, so we ensure that the buses are at an optimum comfortable temperature all year around.
NO. We do employ comedians as guides, but this simply means they are very funny, experts at storytelling, and know how to keep everyone entertained. You do not have to worry about being ‘roasted’ on the bus at 8 am in the morning before you even have had your morning coffee!
Only small bags and coolers are allowed (something that can be put between your feet or under your seat). The hoover dam security checkpoint does not allow large bags, and also if the bus is busy there may not be space to store the bag.
However, if you are checking out of your hotel on the day you are taking our tour, all Vegas hotels offer free bag storage so you may do what many of our guests do – check out of the hotel in the morning, store your bags with the bag storage, then when you arrive back from your tour, pick up your bags and head straight to the airport.
All of our guides are ‘Dam Experts’. Our tour includes a 45 minute “Walk on the Top” tour of the dam, where they learn about the concrete, high-scalers, intake towers, outlet works, wages, rumours, deaths etc…no other company does this. It’s our signature tour and is really what makes this the ULTIMATE VIP tour
Yes – our tickets INCLUDE a ticket for access into the dam, where you will receive a government tour and get to explore the generator room, powerplant, interior tunnels, and all other aspects of the interior workings of the Hoover Dam.
We spend approx 2.5 hours at the dam. This is plenty of time to do our Walk on the Top tour, the interior tour, plus explore the dam on your own time.
- Guests must adhere to a dress code
- Tour is not suitable for wheelchairs
- The minimum age for this tour is 4 years
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Customers will receive a full refund with at least 48 hours notice of cancellation
- Cancellations with less than a 48-hour notice will incur a $25 per person fee
- Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- No-shows will be charged the full price
Reviews for Hoover Dam Ultimate VIP Tour with Lunch
Get Instant Confirmation