- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- Discover the best that Chicago has to offer with a local by your side
- Marvel at the stunning Chicago skyline and discover why Chicago’s architecture is among the best in the world
- Get around The Loop like a local: at street level, underground, elevated rails, or even on the water
- Enjoy a couple of classic made-in-Chicago snacks like Chicago-style popcorn and homemade chocolate
- Get a taste for Chicago’s most famous food in one of the city’s most historic neighborhoods
- Discover why locals have so much passion for their Chicago-style classics!
- Additional food and drinks, and tips/gratuities for your guide
WHAT TO EXPECT
Ready for the ultimate day out in Chicago? This tour combines two of the best Chicago experiences for one epic adventure! The tour starts under the dazzling marquee of the Chicago Theater (where you might recognize the neon sign from the movie musical Chicago). You'll then head off into the bustling city where the first stop is inside one of the best-preserved spaces built for shopping in Chicago, featuring an unforgettable atrium at its core.
The tour will head towards the Chicago Pedway. This unique feature of Chicago is used by locals and commuters daily to move about the city in a network of underground tunnels. We’ll head back above-ground near City Hall, and on most weekdays, be able to head inside to see the classic interior design and architecture. Next, you’ll make your way to a spot where you’ll share a sweet treat, and a local tradition: Chicago-style popcorn. Weather permitting, the tour will take a stroll along the Chicago Riverwalk while taking in views of several soaring buildings, including Marina Towers, the Britannica Building, and the Sears Tower (now known as the Willis Tower).
From there, the tour will either hop on the ‘L’ train or a water taxi on the Chicago River (depending on the weather and time of year). Either option offers a uniquely local Chicago experience! Once we’re back on solid ground, you'll make your way to another delicious destination for locally made chocolates from a Chicago staple. Next, the tour will stroll through the beautiful lakefront parks along Michigan Avenue and end up in the picturesque Millennium Park, home to the iconic Bean sculpture.
You have most likely built up a good appetite by now because you're about to have an unforgettable food experience! Travel by ‘L” train or ride share with your guide from Millennium Park up to the River North neighborhood, the original Chicago foodie destination. Your food tour starts with a very well-known Chicago fare: the Chicago-style hot dog. Every Chicagoan has his or her own preference as to how the dog should be made, and you’ll get a chance to try your guides’ favorite version.
Next up is the world-famous Chicago deep-dish pizza! An entire meal unto itself, this staple of the Chicago food scene originated in River North in the 1940s when workers and families needed filling dishes at low prices. Your guide will take you to a pizza place that’s an icon to Chicago natives to try the real deal for yourself.
After you’ve filled up on pizza and hot dogs, you’ll take a stroll through two more establishments, each one essential to Chicago’s food culture. The tour will continue its tasting journey with a classic Chicago sandwich: Italian beef. You’ll sample this sandwich in a real Chicago institution — no-frills decor included! The tour ends here, and your guide will be happy to direct you back to your accommodation or share tips for what else to see and do in the city!
Pickup: The Chicago Theatre (underneath the marquee), 175 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601
Total Chicago: Food And Architecture Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Where and when does this tour depart?
Departs at 10:00am at the Chicago Theatre (underneath the marquee), 175 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601.
Where does the tour end?
A central location in the River North neighborhood near the Chicago Brown Line “L” Station.
What should I bring?
Please dress comfortably and casually in weather-appropriate attire. Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
What's included in the price?
Local, English-speaking guide, popcorn tasting, chocolate tasting, water taxi or "L" ticket, transportation between tour halves, and a variety of food samples (such as a Chicago-style hot dog, deep-dish pizza, and Italian beef).
Dress standard: Please dress comfortably and casually in weather-appropriate attire. Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Additional Information: This tour runs year-round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation.
Closure of sites: In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
Dietary Notes: The tour can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- <p>The Chicago Theatre (underneath the marquee), 175 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60601</p> <p>View on <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/place/41%C2%B053'07.0%22N+87%C2%B037'40.0%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-87.6283162,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x4700dd