- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- All Taxes Included
- An unforgettable snorkelling, sailing, and wildlife spotting experience!
- Enjoy a relaxing boat cruise in Kawaihae on a luxurycatamaran
- Spot turtles and dolphins, and enjoy whale watching in season (December-April)
- Swim in crystal-clear water; bring an underwater camera to capture the moments!
- Picnic lunch and non-alcoholic beverages included
Kawaihae Wildlife Watch And Snorkel CruiseSpot dolphin, turtles, and seasonal whales from a sailing catamaran!
What to Expect
Hop aboard this spacious catamaran with ample seating and shade. Enjoy the coastal sights and a refreshing swim and snorkel along the way. This tour departs from Kawaihae Harbor on Hawaii Island's northwest Kohala coast. You can buy or bring your snorkel and mask, or use the sanitized re-usable sets upon request. Fins and snorkel vests are provided. Picnic lunch, soda, juice, and water are served onboard during this tour.
Hawaii is the only place in the United States where humpback whales mate, calve, and nurse their young. Every December through April, thousands of humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Join this sail and snorkel tour in Kawaihae, Hawaii to spot these beautiful mammals, plus dolphins and green turtles on an exciting eco-friendly whale watching excursion. Guide commentary on the local marine environment will help you learn about your surroundings.
The humpback whale is an endangered species as a result of commercial whaling. In 1993, 4,000 of the 6,000 remaining whales in the North Pacific Ocean came to Hawaii. After the international ban on commercial whaling, North Pacific humpback whale populations increased to about 21,000. At least half to two-thirds of these humpbacks frequent Hawaiian waters during the winter months.
You'll get to see incredible sites from the water and stop for a thrilling snorkel experience. When you're in the warm water, look out for tropical fish, colourful coral, and Hawaiian green turtles! The vessel includes all of the amenities to make your trip smooth and comfortable, including an onboard bar, plenty of shade, two restrooms, ample seating both indoors and outside, a freshwater shower, and a sound system. Lifeguard-certified, in-water guides are available to help you make the most out of this experience.
Seasonal differences: Whale watching is from DECEMBER through APRIL. Dolphins & turtles can be seen year-round.
Wildlife guaranteed: If you don't see marine wildlife, come back again one more time for free! (Re-rides only, no refunds. A re-ride is on a trip of equal or lesser value).
Frequently Asked Questions
Departs at 9.00am, returns at 12.00pm.
Kawaihae Harbor - South. 61-3527 Kawaihae Road, Waimea, HI 96743.
- IMPORTANT REQUIRED STEP: Separately you will receive an email for the Health Clearance waiver to be done by each individual in your party participating in a Hawaii Nautical/Port Waikiki Cruises activity. Parents/guardians also submit a form for each person 17 and under. Answer all questions, review health and safety precautions, and sign the waiver acknowledgment within one day of your scheduled activity.
- You MUST have cleared the state's mandatory 10-day quarantine after aeroplane travel (Hawaii residents and visitors alike), or have a pre-travel negative test waiver validated by the State or full-vaccination waiver as of 7/8/21.
- Guests and staff must wear cloth face masks in fully enclosed areas of the boats.
- Hand-washing sinks are available so all guests and staff can sanitize hands.
- All handheld surfaces are disinfected before and after each trip.
- Any trips that include food are prepackaged & single-serve. All consumption must be outside of cabin area. Guests may not bring their own food or beverage aboard, except for infants & toddlers. No alcohol may be brought aboard.
- Visitors and staff also must adhere to all current quarantine policies
- Attire: Come in shoes that you don't mind getting sandy, and are easy to remove. Casual clothing is recommended for all trips. On snorkel trips we suggest wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt for men, and a swimsuit under shorts or a wrap for ladies. There are shaded, covered and dry areas of this boat, and also optional areas such as the front nets where you can enjoy sea spray and more wind. Restrooms for changing are aboard the catamaran.
- Regulations prohibit boats from approaching within 100 yards of a whale and you should never swim with or touch whales or any other marine mammals.
- Refunds are provided only with cancellation confirmed at least 24 hours prior to a ticketed event.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely