- Accredited, experienced tour guides
- Permanent campsites with kitchens, toilets & hot showers
- Swags (individual tents)
- Air-conditioned mini-bus
- Meals and drinking water (x2 breakfast, x3 lunch, x2 dinner)
- Uluru park entrance fee ($25pp)
- Pick up from Alice Springs accommodation, Ayers Rock Airport or Ayers Rock Resort (Outback Pioneer)
WHERE WE VISIT
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- Garden of Eden
- The Lost City
- Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Sleeping bag can be hired for $20/person or bring your own
- Upgrade to a twin tent for $75/pers
Why do we love this
We love how easy it is to check out the main sights of the Red Centre on this trip. The flexible start location is also great!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enjoy the very best of the Outback on this 3-day camping tour. Explore Uluru, Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta and sleep under the desert stars!
Day 1: Alice Springs to Uluru (Lunch & Dinner)
You'll be picked up outside your Alice Springs accommodation at approximately 6.10 am. Drive through the beautiful Outback and enjoy watching the desert come to life. Your first stop will be a traditional Aussie roadhouse for a quick breakfast (at your own expense), then it's back on the road. Enjoy a short stop along the way where you can view Mount Connor and the Salt lakes before arriving at Yulara. Here, you'll meet your fellow travellers starting the trip from The Rock.
After lunch here, drive to your first stop in Uluru National Park. You've got a choice between any of the following Uluru experiences:
- You can visit the Cultural Centre and enjoy 2 guided Uluru base walks (Mala & Mutitjulu Waterhole).
- Embark on the full 10km Uluru base walk, which is unguided. (Cultural Centre visit not included.)
- You can take on the Uluru climb (unguided, if open). The Cultural Centre visit not included in this option and please be aware that Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their culture by not climbing the rock.
This evening, watch a spectacular Uluru sunset while enjoying a variety of snacks.
After sunset, you'll drive to the campsite for hot showers and a hearty meal. You will sleep this night in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars.
Day 2: Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Get up early for breakfast before catching a spectacular Uluru sunrise.
Then, head to Kata-Tjuta (The Olgas) for a guided 5.5km walk at Kata Tjuta. You'll return to camp for lunch.
Next, drive to your remote bush camp in the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon). After a hot shower, tonight’s dinner will be an authentic Outback BBQ. You will sleep this night in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars.
Day 3: Kings Canyon to Alice Springs (Breakfast / Lunch)
After breakfast, we drive to Kings Canyon for a guided 6km Canyon Rim Walk in one of the most spectacular areas of the outback. Visit the natural Amphitheatre and discover the lost city, North and South Walls, and the exotic Garden of Eden along the way.
Stop at either Kings Canyon resort or Kings Creek Station for lunch before heading back to Alice Springs. You'll arrive there around early evening.