- 1.25 hour Jet Boat Ride up the Dart River
- 2 Hour paddle on our FunYaks
- Professional guide
- Buffet lunch
- Return transport
- Life jackets
- Spray jackets
- Full FunYak Instruction
WHAT TO EXPECT
Journey deep into the heart of Mt Aspiring National Park - a world heritage area known for its beautiful river valleys, high mountains and remote wilderness.
Funyaks (inflatable canoes) are truly unique and the only adventure activity of its type in the Queenstown region. Combine this with wilderness jet boating and you have the best ways to explore this incredible corner of the globe. On this tour, you'll explore the Dart River and come across hidden side streams, dramatic chasms and rock pools.
Dart River Funyaks are fun, easy and perfect for the whole family - you'll be able to paddle gently out onto the crystal clear waters, float downstream and explore the area at your own pace. Get up close with nature before enjoying a picnic lunch, passing through paradise and then heading on to Glenorchy. You'll then travel a back-country route through locations used in movies to illustrate the Middle Earth - Lord of the Rings fans rejoice!
- Pick up from Queenstown or self-drive to Glenorchy
- Dress in wet suits and warm clothing at Glenorchy
- Jet boat up the Dart River for an hour into the Wilderness
- Meet your Funyaks and guides and spend the next two hours heading down the Dart River and into the Rockburn stream
- Stop for lunch at our shelter, enjoy a full buffet wilderness lunch
- Then visit the stunning Rockburn Chasm, before floating down the Dart River to Paradise
- There we take a back country bus back to Glenorchy passing through the landscape used to illustrate Middle Earth in many popular films
We depart from The Station Building oppisite the Queenstown Information Centre corner of Camp Street and Shotover Street at 7.45am every day except Christmas.
Pick ups are available along Frankton Road and on the way out of town to Glenorchy.