- Two couples private mud baths and one private family mud bath
- Two freeform sulphur spas
- Complimentary towel and robe use
- Private lounge area
- Changing rooms and shower facilities
- Return shuttle transport available
Why do we love this
We love the tranquillity that private baths and therapy rooms allow for.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hells Gate Geothermal Park & Mud Spa is a must-visit destination in New Zealand. This geothermal area features unique thermal muds and acidic sulphurous waters relied on by the local Maori people for over 800 years. These spas offer relaxation, healing, and wellbeing for the mind and body.
Spa visitors will start out with a soak in the warm, sulphurous waters of their own private bath. It's encouraged to liberally smooth the natural geothermic mud over your skin for 20 minutes to fully benefit from its healing properties. The mud bath is followed by a cool shower which helps restore blood circulation before relaxing in the hot sulphur mineral spas. The warm geothermal mud opens and cleans the skin’s pores, while the sulphur spas give your skin a gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing, leaving your skin clean, soft and smooth to touch.
Summertime (1 octobre to 31 mars)
- Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm, 4:50pm and 6:50pm.
- Leaving Hells Gate at:12.30pm, 4:30pm, 7.30pm and 9:00pm.
Wintertime (1 avril to 30 septembre)
- Beginning at Tyron St at: 8:50am, 12:50pm and 3:50pm.
- Leaving Hells Gate at: 12.30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm.
Summer opening hours:
- Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 6:30pm (last entrance 5:30pm)
- Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 10:00pm (last entrance 8:00pm)
Winter opening hours:
- Geothermal Park open from 8:30am - 5:30pm (last entrance 4:00pm)
- Mud Bath Spa open from 8:30am - 8:30pm (last entrance 7:00pm)