Our 2-day trek of the famous Inca Trail offers travellers a taste of all that Machu Picchu has to offer in a short amount of time. Experience a traditional Andean Blessing, walk along the winding stone Inca trail to the beautiful archeological site of Wiñaywayna, experience Peruvian cuisine and hike both Machu Picchu mountain and Huayna Picchu.
As you hike, your guides will provide information on Inca traditions and the secrets of Pachamama (the Earth Mother), creating a memorable and culturally informative trekking experience. You will spend one night at a hotel with full days of hiking before and after.
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- 10:00 Picked up from your hotel (approximately).
- 10:30 Departure from Cusco city.
- 12:30 Arrive at Ollantaytambo train station.
- 12:58 Departure from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu town.
- 14:25 Arrive at Machu Picchu train station.
- 14:30 Picked up from the train station by our local staff.
- 14:50 Check in the Hotel.
- 15:30 Free time to choose an optional activity (see below).
- The impressive museum of Machu Picchu, that is located at 20 minutes walking from the Aguas Calientes Town. (Please see below for the price of the entrance ticket).
- The Hot springs of Aguas Calientes where you can relax and take a special moment during the afternoon.
- Walking to Mandor waterfalls, where you relax and enjoy the beauty of nature close to Machu Picchu.
- 20:00 Briefing at your Hotel by our local guide about your trip to Machu Picchu of the following day
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu – Wayna Picchu – Aguas Calientes - Cusco
- 05:00 Breakfast.
- 05:30 Departure from your Hotel to the bus station.
- 05:15 Arrive at the bus station.
- 06:00 Depart from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel by bus.
- 06:45 Arrive at Machu Picchu main entrance gate.
- 07:15 Meeting with our local guide in the main gate of Machu Picchu.
- 07:30 Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- 08:00 Coca leaf ceremony by the guide.
- 09:45 End of the tour at the gate of Wayna Picchu mountain.
- 10:00 Start the climbing to Wayna Picchu mountain.
- 12:00 After the climbing Machu Picchu, free time to enjoy the Machu Picchu citadel.
- 12:30 Depart from Machu Picchu citadel to Aguas Calientes.
- 13:15 Arrive in Aguas Calientes town and free time for lunch.
- 14:25 Time to go to the train station of Machu Picchu.
- 14.55 Depart to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 16:30 Arrive at Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- 16:45 Depart from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by car.
- 18:15 Arrive in Cusco city