- Cruise through the Bay of Islands
- Visit the epic Hole in the Rock
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Visit Russell or Matakana Island
- Go dolphin watching (when possible)
- Learn about New Zealand culture with a professionally guided tour
- Relax with a movie or entertainment during the drive
- Enjoy a BBQ Lunch on Urupukapuka Island
- Choose to stop at Whangarei Falls or take a bushwalk to see the largest Kauri tree in New Zealand
- Enjoy multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel included
- Discover the Bay cruise ticket and guided tour of the Bay of Islands included
- CBD Hotel/airport pick up and drop off included
- Refreshments included
WIFI on Transport available at additional cost of $10 NZD per person.
Why do we love this
We love how jam-packed this tour is! From the Hole in the Rock to Urupukapuka Island and then bushwalks and a giant Kauri tree, this tour has something for everyone.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Bay of Islands is a must-see in New Zealand. Boasting more than 140 beautiful islands surrounded by sparkling water, this spot will take your breath away! Spend a day cruising through the picturesque landscape and pristine water as you discover this iconic New Zealand gem.
It's an early start at 6 am, and you'll enjoy a free pickup from your accommodation.
Then, it's time to begin your journey! Enjoy stunning landscapes and countryside vistas as you make your way toward the Bay of Islands.
Once you've reached this amazing spot, it's time to head out on a half day cruise on the Discover the Bay trip. You'll get to see dolphins (when possible) and snap some seriously cool shots of your surroundings. Discover the history of the area as you float among the 144 islands.
You'll also pay a visit to the famous Hole in the Rock, an iconic landmark in the Bay of Islands.
Later, enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch on a beautiful Urupukapuka Island. This is the perfect place to relax on the beach and enjoy the sun.
After the cruise, there'll be the chance to explore more of the area with a stop at Russell or Matakana Island. Or, if history is your thing, choose to explore historical site Waitangi, where you can explore the treaty grounds and learn about early New Zealand history.
Later, it's time to make your way back to Auckland. Hit the road for more great views and enjoy a choice of stops along the way. The afternoon is in your hands!
Choose to enjoy a light bush walk to Whangarei Falls, and explore the scenic reserve that surrounds this famous 26-metre waterfall. Or, opt to discover the giant Kauri, Tane Mahuta. It's up to you!
Once back in Auckland, you'll be dropped back to your hotel between 6-7pm.